Adoption is more than just choosing life for your baby. It becomes a quality of life decision for you and your child.
Questions to ask yourself when considering adoption:
- What are the potential benefits I see related to adoption for my child and me?
- Would an adoption plan allow for me to pursue the personal goals that I had set for myself?
- What support would I have if I made an adoption plan?
- What do I think about adoption as a possible option?
- What is my greatest fear(s) related to adoption for me? For my child? Where does this fear come from?
Questions to ask yourself when considering parenting:
- What do I think about being a parent at this stage of my life?
- What support would I have if I made a parenting plan (financial, babysitting, place to live, planning for my future, etc.)?
- At this stage in my life would I be able to parent my child without any support?
- Am I willing to have a lifetime commitment with my child’s father?
- Am I ready for the responsibilities of parenting (emotional, financial, etc.)?